Sunday, July 25, 2021

Hatch Pepper Peach Salsa

 


   I had to wait till we returned home to NW Michigan to prepare this.  All my canning/prep stuff is here.  I love all types of salsa, but as I age I find that the sweeter varieties agree with my digestion much easier.  I also love the Hatch Pepper Peach glaze I use on my roasted hams or wild hog.  During this past winter in Texas I had a chance to try a sweeter peach salsa with my favorite Hatch Green Chiles.  It took me a bit, but convinced the local to share her recipe with me.  Blended peach sweet with a mild kick, this is a keeper.  


5 large peaches, skin on, roughly chopped

3 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped

1/2 an onion (about 1/2 cup total) roughly chopped

1/3 cup cilantro leaves

1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger

***1/4 cup fresh lemon juice

***1/4 cup white wine vinegar

***1/2 cup honey

2 or 3 roasted Hatch Chiles roughly chopped or 3 four ounce can roasted Hatch Chiles

salt and pepper


      Place the first 5 ingredients in the bowl of a food processor.  If canning add *** these as well.  Pulse 4 or 5 times to just combine everything.  Don't over mix or the salsa will be more like soup.  I love a chunky texture.

Chopped, yet still chunky

Season as needed with salt and pepper and extra lemon juice, if desired. Makes 4 eight ounce jars or if you prefer 8 half pints.     .  

      Transfer to jars and store in the refrigerator.  You can also hot water bath jars (*** with these 3 added) to seal and store up to 6 months.  This is delicious as a dip, Huevos Rancheros, or garnish to top dishes and even salads.  

Hot water bath for 15 minutes; wait for the 'pop' to seal

"Never trust anyone who doesn't like green chile.  They probably aren't human.  
Nuev

MiFi courtesy of AT&T Wireless

No comments:

Post a Comment