Saturday, October 19, 2019

Reindeer Quiche

      I love a good quiche.  It's in my larder of  'comfort foods'.  The addition of quality ingredients can even make the recipe a legend.  This is a pretty basic quiche recipe to which in the past I have added veggies, venison, buffalo, and now reindeer.  I'm sure even wild boar is in the future.  We're meat people.  Easy ingredients, simple to prepare and leftovers will always keep a day or two.  Of course, that's assuming there are any leftovers.  Barb and I love this with a side salad, maybe some garlic bread.  The addition of a boxed Pillsbury Pie Crust sacrifices nothing.  It is delicious and flakey.  Of course not everyone has access to reindeer, but venison , elk, moose, or wild boar should work equally well.  

1/2 pound ground reindeer
1/3 cup green onions
1/2 milk
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 eggs
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 pound grated swiss cheese
black pepper to taste
1 Pillsbury pie crust
1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce


Reindeer burger browning

Sous cheff'n the pie

Brown meat in skillet.  Warm, stretch, and place pie shell in pie or quiche pan.  Mix remaining ingredients and pour over meat in unbaked pie shell.  Bake at 350 degrees for 45-50 minutes.  Serve with salad and garlic bread.

Nearly on the plate; serve this with salad and garlic bread

"I don't always prepare such rich meals.  Sometimes I'll just serve a simple quiche, salad, and a dessert for dinner.  During the week I try to eat lightly"  
Paul Lynde

WiFi courtesy of Verizon MiFi


No comments:

Post a Comment