Sunday, April 29, 2018

Searching for Ansel Adams




      It has taken over 2 years as well as countless miles, shots, and editing, but my next book is scheduled for release in May.  Searching for Ansel Adams is an 81 page black and white expose of my best works so far.   I have always, as have so many, admired the depth and stark reality of Ansel Adam's work.  It was his efforts over the years that generated vast interest, virtually saving the National Parks System.  Nearly everything is shot full frame RAW color and then edited to BW in post.  I use Adobe Lightroom for nearly all of my post processing work.  This follows my 20015 release of The Mind's Eye, my first publication and a 31 page expose of my best early color shots.  Both of these publications I have produced myself as when you are starting out, you have to sponsor yourself via your own wallet.  My sales only help me to break even as well as get my work out there.  

      I have always loved photography, preferring to freelance my art.  I am trying to start a small business, responding to the demand from some folks to sell some of my work.  I have set up a couple of vendors that will make my work into canvas and I am looking into 'glass sets' as well.  I am looking for something a bit different than a typical frame hung wall picture or print.  I am very happy with the first two canvas shots I had made.  I will be creating a website showing the gallery of what I consider to be my finest work as well as my two books for purchase.  You will be able to decide what size and how you want your selections mounted and shipped to you.  Price will, of course, depend on size.  I won't really know book prices (to include shipping) until I get my production/shipment and final invoice.  I am planning on book prices to be $20 and $4 for shipping (if needed)  I will announce any and all information once my website is completed, but will also preview the entire inventory on Facebook.  Any of my Western Washington 'Homies' wanting to purchase a copy of the new book should contact me directly as we are heading out within a day or two of receipt of the shipment.  I will deliver this personally.
      My first book I produced through Shutterfly, but this current release will be done through a local recommended publisher Gorham Publishing of Centralia, WA.  They have proven very easy to work with and helped me to modify and accomplish some things I never would have thought of myself.  As I embark on this journey I will keep my focus on quality, not on sales.  I only want to better myself through my art and so that others may enjoy it as well.
      For those of you always asking about a cookbook as the kitchen is my other great passion......relax.  It may be coming down the road a few years.  I also have a few good ideas about a cross country expose of rural America on the back burner as well.  

"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only one
page"
Saint Augustine

WiFi courtesy of Verizon MiFi 

No comments:

Post a Comment