Saturday, June 1, 2013

SOLIO Classic 2 Portable Solar Charger for your electronics

     Utilizing solar for portable camping use for your electronics is another matter.  I wanted something that I could use around camp or at the beach, in the mountains, or on the trail.  I have used the SCOSCHE Sol-Bat for several years with good results, but they burn out after about 2 years.  It provided a single charge for my phone, but took up to 4 days to recharge via solar so I carried several.   Cost:  $19.
     I recently purchased the SOLIO Classic 2 portable solar charger.  It will charge either via the USB port on your laptop or in sunlight in as little as 6-10 hours.  About the size of your wallet folded up and fans out into 3 Polycrystalline Solar Panels supported by a simple pencil, this unit will hold a charge for a year and provides enough storage to provide a single charge to your laptop or 3 charges to an IPhone.  Cost:  $80-$100 and is available at www.solio.com or you can purchase it much cheaper at www.amazon.com


No comments:

Post a Comment